Monday, June 27, 2022
Happening Now

Putnam Home And Dog Lost During Residential Fire

A Putnam County home deemed a complete lost early Monday morning after a wood stove caused fire.

Fire Chief Tom Brown said crews arrived at the Zeb Warren Road home around 3:45 a.m. with the residence fully involved with flames.

“She had discovered fire around the ceiling level above a wood stove,” Brown said. “When we arrived on scene, fire was already through the roof. Pretty evident that it had been burning in the attic for a little while before she discovered it.”

Brown said one occupant and two pets of the home escaped safely, but one dog died during the fire. Brown said crews were on scene for about six hours.

“The occupant at the home lived in the home but was not the home owner,” Brown said. “Two other residents were away at the time of the fire.”

Share