A Thursday evening fire on Pippin Road in Putnam County resulted in the total loss of a camper.
Fire Chief Tom Brown said crews were called to the season around 4 p.m. to a camper that was being used as a residence. He said the started from a refrigerator malfunction.
“The owner stated that the refrigerator made a noise and then it started blowing fire out around the camper from the stove,” Brown said. “He evacuated and there wasn’t anything he could do with it. By the time the truck arrived, it was well-involved inside, but we knocked it down quick.”
Brown said while the outside of the camper suffered minimal damage, the inside was totally gutted. He said crews were on scene for about one hour putting out the fire.
Brown said there were no injuries.