Friday, May 24, 2019
Happening Now

Grease Fire Damages Monterey Home Wednesday

A housing authority unit in Monterey suffered damage during a grease fire Wednesday afternoon.

Monterey Fire Chief Kevin Peters said the Red Cross will be assisting the family.

“We had to pull the meter because of the electrical issues,” Peters said. “It’s probably going to take gutting the whole kitchen area and there’s some light smoke damage in the living room.”

Peters said the homeowners did not suffer any injuries and all firemen returned to the station safely.

The housing unit was located at 708 North Elm Street.

Share