Wednesday, February 1, 2023
Happening Now

Tag Archives: Fire

Fentress County’s Annual Fire Prevention Parade Returns This Thursday

Fentress County’s fire department to host its annual Fire Prevention Week Parade on Thursday. Jamestown Fire Chief Larry Cooper said the goal of the parade is to enhance safety in the event of a fire emergency, particularly with kids in the community. “We want them to be aware of their surroundings and what it may look like, what we may ... Read More »

Cookeville FD Recognized By State Fire Marshal’s Office

Cookeville Fire Department was recognized by the State Fire Marshal’s Office Thursday for work in smoke alarm installations. Captain Daniel Snyder said Cookeville placed in the top 75 out of more than 500 departments in the state for its participation in the free installation program. “On a crew that might install a handful, but we might not realize how many ... Read More »

Jackson Co. Man Charged With Arson For 2021 Celina Fire

A Jackson County man has been charged with one count of Arson for a December 2021 fire in the town of Celina. Michael Eugene Wallace was indicted and arrested following an investigation by special agent fire investigators with TBI for the incident that occurred at 419 Goolsby Lane. Wallace was also charged with one count of Vandalism between $10,000-$60,000. He ... Read More »

Jackson County Central FD Honors Eddie Brewer Through Memorial

Jackson County Central Fire Department has a new memorial honoring the life of Eddie Brewer. Brewer was a long-time volunteer for the department and the county’s rescue squad until he decided to follow his dream to become an over-the-road truck driver. Chief Jeff Conn said the 35-year-old lost his battle to COVID in February of this year. “He would, just ... Read More »

Cookeville’s Hawg Barn Damaged In Monday Morning Fire

Cookeville’s Hawg Barn was damaged in a fire Monday morning. Cookeville Fire Chief Benton Young said that the station got the call around 5 a.m. and crews were on the scene within four minutes. When they arrived, Young said there was heavy smoke coming from the whole roof of the structure. “We had crews go in and make an interior ... Read More »

Cookeville FD On Scene At North Dixie Apartment Fire Tuesday Morning

Cookeville Fire Department was on the scene for an hour Tuesday morning at approximately 4:22 a.m. to address a crawl space fire at a North Dixie Avenue apartment complex. Acting Captain Paul Parrish said that it appeared to be a bag of garbage or clothes that had caught part of the subflooring of apartment number six on fire. He said ... Read More »

Garage Fire In Algood Results In Total Structure Loss

A detached garage fire in Algood Tuesday evening resulted in the total loss of the structure on Raines Circle off of Highway 111. Police Chief Dale Armour said that responders suspect the fire started by a lawnmower sparking. He said that when the fire department arrived the garage was completely involved. Armour said that the fire began to spread to ... Read More »

Cookeville FD Seeking Swift Water Rescue Equipment

Cookeville Fire Department hoping to gain some new swift water rescue equipment through a grant from the Firehouse Subs Safety Foundation. Battalion Chief Daniel Snyder said that they will purchase life vests, rafts, and wet suits among other tools. He said they typically rely on the county’s team for swift water rescues. “One of the things that I like to ... Read More »

Putnam Family Lost Home And Several Pets In Residential Fire

An East Lake Subdivision family lost their home Tuesday morning in a residential fire. Putnam County Fire Chief Tom Brown said crews responded around 7:25 a.m. Two adults at the home were alerted by smoke detectors and escaped without injuries. “Fire through the roof on the second floor when we arrived on the scene,” Brown said. “Ultimately, the house is ... Read More »

Putnam Home And Dog Lost During Residential Fire

A Putnam County home deemed a complete lost early Monday morning after a wood stove caused fire. Fire Chief Tom Brown said crews arrived at the Zeb Warren Road home around 3:45 a.m. with the residence fully involved with flames. “She had discovered fire around the ceiling level above a wood stove,” Brown said. “When we arrived on scene, fire ... Read More »