A maintenance shed caught fire behind the Signature Healthcare facility in Algood Wednesday night.
According to a press release, firefighters responded to the blaze around 8:00 pm and found smoke pouring from the shed. Captain Drew Swink said crews managed to extinguish the fire within 20 minutes.
Swink said it appears that some rags caught fire in a trash can located in the rear workshop area. While the structure itself is still standing, Swink said the contents are a total loss.
No injuries occurred and none of the residents or staff at the facility were in danger.
A total of eleven members of the Algood Fire Department’s volunteer roster responded.