A quick response by firefighters prevented a Jackson County home from catching fire Wednesday night.
Dodson Branch firemen responded to Mabry School Road for an outbuilding that caught fire near a single wide trailer. Crews arrived within minutes to find a small shed engulfed in flames nearly touching the corner of the home.
Jackson County EMA said a quick attack by the crew prevented flames from advancing to the home.
Officials said the source of the fire appeared to be a small rubbish pile that had been burning earlier in the evening.