A detached garage fire in Algood Tuesday evening resulted in the total loss of the structure on Raines Circle off of Highway 111.
Police Chief Dale Armour said that responders suspect the fire started by a lawnmower sparking. He said that when the fire department arrived the garage was completely involved.
Armour said that the fire began to spread to a telephone pole with a transformer on it. He said that firefighters were able to cut the pole down before it reached the fire.
Armour said that as of Tuesday evening, no residents had a loss of power.