The Cookeville Fire Department extinguished a residential fire Tuesday limiting damage to the living room of a Bradley Drive home.
Fire Chief Daryl Blair said the smoke was visible down Washington Avenue, and crews responded in time before the home was lost.
“The first units that arrived on scene said that they had smoke and fire visible at the front of the house,” Blair said. “They were able to get in and get a good knock down and save it to just one room and contents.”
Blair said one resident suffered minor injuries from the fire and received medical attention. Blair said a kerosene heater is the likely cause.
“There was people home at the time of the call,” Blair said. “Luckily, they all got out. One person that lived at the house suffered minor injuries and was checked by EMS and our crews and refused to be transported, and they’re good to go.”
Blair said the home is repairable. Crews were on the scene for about an hour and a half.