Wednesday, November 22, 2017
Happening Now

Fire In Algood Sends One Man To Vanderbilt Medical Center

A Monday night fire at an Algood residence sent one person to the hospital and caused about $25,000 in damages to the home.

Algood Fire Chief Victor Jones said the fire broke out around 7:00 p.m. at a home on Warren Avenue

“When we arrive there the paramedics were already on scene,” Jones said. “They informed us that there was a kitchen fire. We went in a found a grease fire on the stove that had burned the cabinets up.”

Jones said firefighters managed to put out the fire and paramedics transported the unidentified man to Cookeville Regional Medical Center for injuries. He’s since been transported to Vanderbilt Medical Center for additional treatment.

The Red Cross will be assisting the man as the home cannot be lived in at this time.